Thursday, June 24, 2010

Graphic Style

Some more Sienkiewicz. Back in the days when Bill evolved from channeling Neal Adams to developing his own very graphic style of storytelling, many people seemed to divvy up to either hate his work or love it. I chose to love it and especially so after hearing him talk about his methods at a comic con. He gave a panel talk and then I chatted with him afterwards and what he had to say has affected me and my work all these many years later. I will blog about that somewhere down the road.

I bought these comics just for the covers.


4 comments:

Mark Kardwell said...

Who are these people who don't love Bill's work? Lemme at 'em!

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

Attaboy!

Larry MacDougall said...

I chose to love his work at that time also. He was one of the few North American creators whose work was as interesting and innovative as his European counter parts.

Luis Diaz said...

Please write about what he said.